Diss CC offers First Claim (ie Full Membership) Senior, Junior and Family membership options, all designed for you to get the most out of the club.
The full range of benefits being:-
- Participation in Club Runs, Time Trials, Hill Climb, Reliability Ride, Rough Stuff events and all other club activities
- Representing the Club at Open Races and events organised under the rules of appropriate official organisations
- Buying and wearing of Club Kit
- Discounts at Cotswold, Treadfirst Tyres (Diss), Allmake Motor Parts (Diss), Cycleshack (Diss), Leisure Sport (Diss), Elmy Cycles (Ipswich)
- Participation in Club Championships
- Voting rights at the Annual Club AGM
The Club year runs from January 1st to December 31st. Joining between October 1st and December 31st will mean your first year will extend to 31st December the following year. Fees are reviewed annually at the Club AGM.
With Membership comes responsibility. Members are expected to be fully conversant with Club Rules and Etiquette, carry at all times ICE (In Case of Emergency) details and ideally hold their own insurance from for example, British Cycling or Cycle Touring Club. As a Club we also strongly recommend the wearing of an appropriate cycling helmet when riding.
The many events the Club holds throughout the year is only possible with the help of Volunteers and it is important we all pull together and help out where we can. It is a great way to meet other Club Members and to put something back into the sport locally.
There is also the opportunity to become an Accredited Marshall via British Cycling and the Club will happily support any Member wishing to take the course. Courses are typically early in the year for the coming season ahead.
2nd Claim Membership allows you to be a Member of more than one Club albeit with reduced access to benefits and Trophy competitions.
How to Join Diss CC or Renew your membership
You can join or renew your membership online via our MemberMojo site HERE.
Alternatively you can download the Membership Application Form 2018 HERE or pop into Madgetts Cycling shop in Diss.
- Senior: £20 per year (£15 if paid prior 1st March).
- Junior: (In Primary/Secondary education): Free
- Family: £25 (£20 if paid prior 1st March).
- 2nd Claim Membership £10
When returning your Membership Application/Renewal please make cheques payable to Diss and District Cycling Club.